Team Leaders, managers and supervisors who want to develop their skills in building effective working teams both face to face and remotely.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand their role in encouraging team-working
- Be able to improve teamwork and relationships
- Have explored ways of reviewing and measuring team performance
- Know how to communicate more effectively one-to one and in teams
- Be able to involve their team in the implementation of change
The course is highly participative with practical tasks and group discussions
The course will cover the following:
- Rethinking of leadership responsibilities and the importance of building effective teams.
- What makes an effective team?
- Practical tasks and discussion to identify the characteristics of an effective team
- Identification of the stages in team development and the appropriate leadership style using a colour-based profiling tool.
- Improving interpersonal skills and ensuring that communication with the team is effective.
- Measuring and reporting team performance through structured team meetings and reviews.
- Understanding the causes of frustration and de-motivation
- Identification of the preferred roles people play within teams
- What actions are needed to get the best out of all team members?
- The role of the leader as coach, developer and facilitator
- Skills required to coach and support the development of staff
- Using delegation to develop individuals
- Encouraging creativity and the involvement of all the team members in the implementation of change
- How to handle day-today conflict and disagreement within the team
- The role of productive conflict and debate within the team
SUMMARY AND ACTION PLANNING
- Delegates will develop action plans for building more effective teams on their return to work