Problem Solving, Creative Thinking and Decision Making
We live in a world that is constantly changing and increasingly complex. Whether we are managers or specialists, team leaders or working alone, we all need access to sound problem solving and decision making skills.
The purpose of this course is to help you identify what good problem solving and decision making looks like, to appraise your own skills and to learn new ways to analyse the situation and select appropriate methods for solving problems and making decisions. This course will also consider how you can buy others into your solution and change to more effective ways of working.
This an intensive and practical course, with lots of hands on practice. The course covers:
· Why problem solving and decision making is important
· Assessing your current approach to problem solving and decision making
· Identifying and analysing problems; dealing with the cause of a problem, rather than just the effect of a problem
· Generating appropriate solutions
· Creative thinking and brainstorming
· Essential tools and techniques for all stages of the problem solving and decision making process
· Evaluating and selecting solutions making decisions
· Implementing your solutions
· Communicating and engaging others in the outcome
· Monitor and validating solutions with the PDCA cycle
· Action Planning