PROBLEM SOLVING FOR MANAGERS
This 1 day
course is designed to introduce delegates to problem solving techniques by
introducing them to logical and creative thinking tools that readily translate
across a range of issues and contexts.
- Introduction, Signposting and Running Action Sheets.
- Understanding own thinking preferences
- Logical brain v creative brain
- Initial assessment tools
- Thinking Tools for resolving people related issues
- Thinking Tools for resolving business related issues
- Managing own thinking to increase effectiveness
- Specific problem solving Thinking Tools in action
to resolve a case study
- Implementation Model
can be delivered using a business specific case study or a generic case
study. The focus of the course is on
thinking skills and using proven tools and does not look at financial problem
solving although there will be times when numeric calculations will be
required. Delegates should therefore be
numerate and literate with a good grounding in general business concepts such
as mission/values, standard policies and procedures associated with people
management and the local statutory/regulatory context.