DEVELOPING YOUR POTENTIAL/PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
Any employee who feels they have not reached their full potential, and who is interested in managing their continuing personal and professional development in a structured way.
By the end of the day, delegates will:
· Understand self confidence and where it comes from and how to value it?
· Realise the advantages of working to achievable goals
· Understand how to develop their own positive communicating style
· Understand how to deal with stress
· Identify areas of their effectiveness that they can develop
· Create a personal development action plan.
The day is highly participative and practical with group discussion and activities. Emphasis is on interaction between delegates and the course director.
Developing your Assertiveness and Self-confidence
· Defining and understanding assertive behaviour and its value
· Putting assertiveness into practice
· Saying ''no'' confidently without guilt
· Developing your level of confidence
Working to Goals and Objectives
· Identifying your organisation's values and objectives
· Supporting your manager's/team's objectives
· Working to your own goals and objectives
· Verbal communication, personal image and body language
· How to communicate not just inform
· Effective questioning and listening
· Influencing others to achieve prompt response and deadlines
· Voicing your views, ideas and requests in a persuasive manner
· Gaining cooperation from others and minimising conflict
Identifying Areas for personal Improvement
· Personal SWOT - identifying personal strengths and development areas
· Building on your strengths and exploring personal potential
· Recognising the signs of stress
· Understanding and developing methods to cope with stress
Develop a personal action plan that identifies personal and business goals.